30 Walker Street, COORPAROO
This wonderful 607m2 block of land with a post-war 1950 home, projects an abundance of opportunity, through its wide frontage, charisma, and unbeatable location within a prime and prestigious pocket of Coorparoo. These features of location and land act as the main drivers for the vast attractiveness it holds, drawing in those looking to invest, renovate, or start anew by removing and replacing with your dream home. The current house sports a hardwood chamfer board exterior and sturdy concrete stumps. It has a hardwood floor showing its solid construction and foundation, and super six roof.
You are immediately welcomed from the entrance into the combined dining and living area at the front of the home. The master bedroom is fully carpeted and includes plaster board walls with ornate cornice work. The second bedroom easily accommodates a double bed and has an attached useful sleepout bedroom with built-in robes. Classic venetian blinds line the 4 light casement windows throughout which are typical of the time and remain a reminder of the origins of the charming abode. The home’s bathroom has a separate shower, full bath, built-in medicine cabinet, vanity, toilet, and a tasteful neutral terrazzo floor illuminated by the above skylight.
The simple but functional original kitchen and step-down living area are the central hub of the home with the hallway leading to the kitchen first. It has the original pine cabinetry including overhead cupboards and Lino flooring. Simple but functional, it has an electric upright stove, double sink and built-in pantry. The stairs from the kitchen flow to the family room being the newest section of the house which was added in the 1980’s. This great improvement looks out into the lush garden and sheltered outdoor patio area making it the perfect, well-lit space for both entertaining and relaxing purposes. The house has two new Mitsubishi Air Conditioners that are reverse cycle. Diverting off the kitchen, is the laundry with an original toilet, wash basin and an electric hot water system.
Regardless of the buyer’s aspirations for the property, all will enjoy this large, terraced garden allotment within the Dress Circle Coorparoo location. It is highly sought after, with an easy 2-minute walk to Loreto College Catholic Secondary School for girls or a five-minute drive to Coorparoo Square Cinema and Shopping precinct and around the corner from beautiful ‘Majestic Park’. It is located within 6km to Brisbane CBD with endless public transport options available and is a 10-minute drive with direct highway access to the Gold Coast and beyond. This allotment is suited for buyers who desire a new project to revamp and modernise the existing dwelling or take advantage of building on the spacious block with wide frontage in a prime locale. Paired with the land’s thriving market value and street charm, a home like this, grandma's gem welcomes a range of buyers searching for a property where a plethora of opportunity awaits.
This property can be purchased now, or under the hammer at 11:00am on Saturday 12th of June.
Summary of features:
• 2 bedrooms with an additional sleepout bedroom, all carpeted and with 4 light casement windows and ornate plaster cornice
• Bathroom with a shower, bath, vanity, a built-in medicine cabinet and toilet
• Kitchen with electric upright stove, original pine cabinets, double sink, and pantry
• Formal living and dining room sits separate at the front of the residence
• Added family room for gatherings, entertainment and relaxation purposes
• Internal laundry with electric hot water system, second toilet and wash basin
• Masses of storage and workshop areas under plus single carport
• Constructed from hardwood chamferboard and concrete stumps, a hardwood floor, plaster board walls and super six roof
• 2 Mitsubishi reverse cycle air-conditioning units
• Easy care large 607sqm allotment, terraced garden with clothesline, covered pergola area, lawns and gardens
• Perfect rear North-East aspect to capture cooling summer prevailing breezes
Property ID :
Land Area :
Year Built :
Auction Onsite Sat 12th June at 11:00am