41 Turton Street, SUNNYBANK
Grandma’s House is more than just a house and land; it’s a Home and it’s been the place where many generations of family have gathered and celebrated, and friendships nurtured. Welcome to this much loved and prized home where family always came first.
It is beautifully positioned in the original ‘Sunnybank Gardens Estate’, which is one of Sunnybank’s most talked about established areas, within a 5-minute stroll to the vibrance of Sunnybank Plaza, Market Square and Sunny Park shopping centres and the old favourite, Sunnybank Hotel. This area has popularity thanks to its great schools, university, hospitals and medical establishments and transport.
We believe that the lucky new owner of Grandma’s House will appreciate the quality of its esteemed 607sqm allotment as they will discover that its market gardens have been worked to improve the richness of the soil, loved, and cherished over the 43 years of ownership. Widely known in the community for the stunning array of roses, flowers, trees, and shrubs but more appreciated for the vegetable gardens that were in abundance and that were freely offered to visitors to the home.
Grandma’s House is a 1964 designed residence of hardwood timber construction with strong concrete piles and a concrete tiled roof made to last. Like most homes of this genre; they offer an easy liveable floor plan over one level, ensuring the living areas are separated from the bedroom accommodation. This home though has seen improvements made over the years. The generous combined living and dining room is now equipped with top of the range 7kw Mitsubishi reverse cycle air-conditioner in addition to a ceiling fan and original large bank of hopper windows and French doors keeping this area of the home cool and bright. The adjacent kitchen with extensive benchtops, twin door pantry and cabinetry promotes family interaction as the breakfast bar allows for family members or guests to be part of the meal creation conversation. The kitchen has an upright gas oven and cooktop combination which has helped Grandma over the years to cook to her hearts delight!
The three bedrooms all have built-in robes and are carpeted like the rest of the home apart from the kitchen, laundry, bathroom, and toilet. The bathroom offers a shower over full-length bath arrangement and large vanity, whilst the toilet is separate. A laundry conveniently sits at the rear and accesses the back door ramp to the washing line.
Outside Grandma’s House is a wonderful and inviting covered front patio that has seen many a function and is a great spot to take an afternoon nap! The single garage allows room for a small workshop and storage, but the market gardens and retired person’s lawn hidden behind a picket fence will impress.
This has been a very happy and lucky home but now it is time for new owners to make it theirs.
Locals will truly understand the increased land value of this property and it’s tightly held position. Do not pass up this chance to secure a property of this calibre as it could be another 40 plus years before you get another opportunity!
Summary of Features:
• Hardwood Chamferboard exterior and hardwood frame and floors
• Flood free 607m2 RES A – Low Density Residential zoned and fenced allotment
• Opportunity to renovate or remove and construct new – Post 1946 home
• Security doors, windows, and alarm system
• Skylights in living and kitchen areas
• Chicken coop and compost bins
• 125L Electric Hot Water system – installed June 2014
• Water Harvesting Tank and 800w Electric Pressure Pump
• Established signature gardens and advanced trees
• Great long-term owner-occupied friendly neighbourhood
• Local school options; 3 min drive to MacGregor State School, 2 min to Sunnybank State School, 3 min to Runcorn State School, 2 min to St Thomas More College, 1 min to Sunnybank State High School, 3 min to Our lady of Lourdes Primary School and more
• 750m popular Market Square, Sunny Park and Sunnybank Plaza Shopping Centres with department, grocery, cinemas, and specialty retail stores, Sunnybank Private Hospital
• 6 min drive to Westfield Garden City Shopping town
• Bus stop in street and train station close-by
Auction On-site Thursday 28th October, 2021 at 7:15pm if not sold prior
Property ID :
Land Area :
Year Built :
Auction Onsite 28th October, if not sold prior